Final line-up revealed
The final riders have been announced for the Christmas Cracker and next year’s team at the Oaktree Arena.
THE final four riders have been named for the Cases Somerset Rebels Christmas Cracker meeting at the Oaktree Arena on December 28.
These are the current British Under-21 champion, Joe Haines, Edinburgh captain Derek Sneddon, 2012 Rebel Claus Vissing and Newcastle’s new signing for 2013, Andrew Tully.
“We now have all 16 riders confirmed and I think it looks to be a decent line-up,” said meeting co-ordinator Garry May.
The full Salt Express sponsored line-up includes: Ricky Ashworth, Ben Barker, Lewis Bridger, Ryan Fisher, Joe Haines, Richard Hall, David Howe, Simon Lambert, Randy Oldenziel, Kyle Newman, Derek Sneddon, Jacob Thorssell, Andrew Tully, Claus Vissing, Richie Worrall and James Wright.
You may also want to watch:
The Rebels 2013 septet is now complete with the news that British Under-19 champion, Stefan Nielsen, has signed for the Highbridge-based side.
The Rebels promotion moved quickly to secure the services of the highly talented 18-year-old after their initial hopes of signing Brady Kurtz were thwarted by red tape.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 8 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 9 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 10 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
“Despite this setback, however, Brady is committed to joining Somerset in 2014, when he should become an asset of the club,” said Rebels promoter Debbie Hancock.
Full line-up: Jason Doyle (9.16), Nick Morris (8.00), Josh Grajczonek (7.44), Alex Davies (5.96), Kyle Newman (5.31), Tom Perry (3.53) and Stefan Nielsen (3.00).