First ever victory for vets
Winscombe veterans recorded their first ever victory in a 52-5 win against North Bristol.
Winscombe Vets 52 pts
North Bristol Vets 5 pts
WINSCOMBE veterans recorded their first-ever victory against North Bristol.
It began well, with club coach Nick Walrond touching down. New recruit Nigel Biddlecombe was next to score, with Mark Jelbert converting. After a period of pressure, Winscombe broke out and Chris Marsh crossed under the posts.
You may also want to watch:
After the break, Walrond and Biddlecombe both scored tries, Waterfield converted twice. Similar tries were added from each restart by Simon Tothill, Marsh, and Paul Chilcott, with Jelbert kicking two conversions. The visitors scored a late consolation try.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 5 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 9 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3