First grading of the year at Weston
- Credit: Archant
Weston Karate Club held their first grading of the year at Hans Price Academy.
WESTON Karate Club held their first grading of the year at Hans Price Academy.
Twenty of the club’s members were successful in progressing to their next belt, several for the first time.
Sophie Townsend nervously attended her first grading and with a little guidance showed good improvement in her confidence. Mackenzie Oddy and Liam Keyes-Hill, who have trained regularly, showed great promise and with a maturity seldom seen in children of their age.
Traditional karate offers a disciplined activity where improving self-discipline, fitness, co-ordination and building confidence is the main aim. The club’s high standards have been maintained for over 27 years in the town.
You may also want to watch:
It was exceptional to see the confidence, commitment and effort displayed by the students in front of the grading panel. Gradings are held about every three months, which allows individuals time to develop the relevant skills and give them a goal to work towards their next belt.
There is a new beginners’ course starting next week at Hutton Moor, with the first two weeks free. For details, contact Kevin/Michelle on 01934 624713 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 2 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 3 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 4 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Mother launches fundraising challenge as she battles cancer
- 7 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 8 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 9 North Somerset Council launches local test and trace service
- 10 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston