First home win for Weston
Weston recorded their first home win of the season against Yate.
Yate B 0
WESTON grabbed their first home win of the season with a dominating performance against Yate.
Weston put pressure on their opposition and were unlucky to only be leading 1-0 in the first-half after creating a lot of chances from Pitt, Etchells and Huish, but took the lead thanks to a great strike from a short corner by Kyle Sully.
You may also want to watch:
After the break, Weston took advantage of the tiring opposition with another great strike from a short corner by Sully.
Weston went 3-0 up with a great solo effort by Matt Kearsey before providing the assists for Weston top goalscorer Huish and captain Pitt to go ahead 5-0.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 3 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 4 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
The strong defence of Godwin, Holland, Sully, Duckett and Westcott stopped any real goal threat from Yate, while the return of Mobsby helped strengthen the team.
Bily and CJ Neate also put in a hard shift to create chances in a great team effort.
Synter Mercedes-Benz man of the match was Kyle Sully.