First loss of the year
Weston Squash Club’s C team lost its first game of the season against Kingswood.
WESTON C team played their first game of the season against Kingswood and lost 13-7.
Team captain Harvey Lane played a tricky player, but put up a fight against him and had a great 3-1 victory. Caroline Taylor and Minh Xanh both played outstanding, but lost in the final game.
Xanh played a player almost twice his size and was unable to convert two match points, while Taylor pulled a hamstring and unfortunately faded in the last game.
Wendy Milnes going on last at 10pm, played an experienced player and lost 3-0, and the new number one Neil Stowe played his first league game in 10 years, competed well, but lost 3-0.
You may also want to watch:
There is an open week at the club starting on January 21. See www.westonsquash.co.uk for further details or ring Rod Barnes on 07766 116203.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 4 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 8 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 9 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown