First mini tournament at Lympsham
LYMPSHAM'S new coach Charlie Thompson oversaw the club's first ever mini tournament and despite ducking in and out of rain showers, a great time was had by everyone.
LYMPSHAM'S new coach Charlie Thompson oversaw the club's first ever mini tournament and despite ducking in and out of rain showers, a great time was had by everyone with some budding Andy Murrays showing their talents. Four enthusiastic minis took part, and competition was intense.
Everyone received a trophy, t-shirt and certificate, and the future of Lympsham Tennis Club looks secure with such budding talent.
Any parents wishing to enquire about the excellent junior coaching facilities at this friendly and successful local club should contact the club's professional coach Charlie Thompson on 07795955604, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
A FULL day of excellent tennis was enjoyed by 16 juniors at the Weston Tennis Club Under-16s Junior Tournament.
You may also want to watch:
The event was organised by club coaches Mike Rakosi and Dean Cope. Some absorbing matches were played in a fine spirit and enjoyed by players and spectators alike culminating in a final between Troy Hannam and Oli Holt. Both players excelled and matched each other right until the end with Troy emerging as winner after taking an exciting final set tie-break.
The cub would like to thank Mercedes-Benz for their continued sponsorship and the valuable contribution they make to junior tennis development. Weston Tennis Club is a friendly club and welcomes membership inquiries from juniors and adults. Coaching is available for all abilities including beginners. For further information please contact Bob Wilson Tel 01934 625603 or contact the club via the website at www.westontennisclub.co.uk
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 5 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 6 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 7 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences