First Rotax victory for Robbie
Karting star Robbie Galliers wins his first junior Rotax race.
LYMPSHAM karting ace, 14-year-old Eurocams-backed Robbie Gallier was on stunning form at Fullbeck in Lincolnshire.
It was Gallier’s first ever visit to the track, in preparation for next years British Championship.
Having to practice all day on used tyres due to budget restraints, but in the last session Robbie opted to scrub in the new set he would use on Sunday and immediately went nine tenths of a second quicker than any other competitor in the junior Rotax class.
In the first of three 10-lap heats, Robbie started 10th of the 18 competitors and made good progress through the pack to finish fifth. In the second heat starting fifth, Robbie finished second just behind the winner. In the third heat, he again finished second, qualifying him second for the 15-lap final.
You may also want to watch:
In the final, he patiently kept behind the pole setter to take the lead on lap six and then set some tremendous times to record his first ever win in the class.
Robbie is competing next in France in the KF3 Class at the French GPO championship this weekend. He is the only British driver in KF3 and one of the youngest, so it will be a tough weekend.
- 1 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 2 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 3 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 8 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 9 New leadership team for charity
- 10 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
Support continues from Eurocams, Mountney, Demon Tweeks, BWOC, Lucas Oil, Bespoke Mfg and PIAA.