First Rotax victory for Robbie
Karting star Robbie Galliers wins his first junior Rotax race.
LYMPSHAM karting ace, 14-year-old Eurocams-backed Robbie Gallier was on stunning form at Fullbeck in Lincolnshire.
It was Gallier’s first ever visit to the track, in preparation for next years British Championship.
Having to practice all day on used tyres due to budget restraints, but in the last session Robbie opted to scrub in the new set he would use on Sunday and immediately went nine tenths of a second quicker than any other competitor in the junior Rotax class.
In the first of three 10-lap heats, Robbie started 10th of the 18 competitors and made good progress through the pack to finish fifth. In the second heat starting fifth, Robbie finished second just behind the winner. In the third heat, he again finished second, qualifying him second for the 15-lap final.
You may also want to watch:
In the final, he patiently kept behind the pole setter to take the lead on lap six and then set some tremendous times to record his first ever win in the class.
Robbie is competing next in France in the KF3 Class at the French GPO championship this weekend. He is the only British driver in KF3 and one of the youngest, so it will be a tough weekend.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 5 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 6 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 7 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 8 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
- 9 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 10 New school welcomes its first pupils
Support continues from Eurocams, Mountney, Demon Tweeks, BWOC, Lucas Oil, Bespoke Mfg and PIAA.