First win of the season
Weston claimed their first win of the season with a clean sheet against Imperial.
WESTON claimed their first win of the season with a clean sheet after an all-round good performance.
Weston took the lead after top goalscorer Rob Huish pounced on a loose ball to jab home. Weston added a second from a short corner after good work from Sully and Kearsey, with Holland tapping in the rebound.
You may also want to watch:
The home side were continuing to create chances but couldn’t finish after Westcott was unlucky with finding the post from close range and Pitt’s spectacular lobbed effort from the edge of the D also finding the post.
Weston continued to dominate in the second half and sealed the win after fine link-up play by Neate and Pitt to find Huish for his second of the game.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 Appeal to identify man after sexual assault
The Seasiders were solid in defence throughout the game and Synter Mercedes-Benz man of the match was Kyle Sully.
Weston ladies second team registered their second league win of the season with a 3-0 win over a strong Burnham team.
They got off to a good start with Ellie Etchells scoring with an assist from Kirsten Warden. Burnham had some good chances, but the defending from Beth Gambling, Kat Brown, Shelly Parkins and Taylor Kingscott was brilliant.
The passing in midfield from Jas Ash, Izzie Jeffrey, Kate Watkins, picking out Cowell and Warden was superb. Watkins scored a second after 20 minutes after another assist from Warden.
Etchells netted her second after Ash’s brilliant run allowed her to score. Sarah Jackson also had a few chances up front. Beth Cole made some great saves in goal to stop Burnham from scoring.
Player of the match went to Kate Watkins.