First win of the season for Banwell & Churchill
Banwell & Churchill recorded their first win of the season at home to Uphill Castle 2nd XI.
Banwell & Churchill entertained Uphill Castle 2nds looking to get their first win of the season.
Skipper Brooks won the toss and had no hesitation in batting, but soon lost Chadwick.
Carter joined Lloyd and both looked comfortable before carter was out lbw for 25.
Gale upped the tempo with a quick 24 before getting out. Lloyd at the other end brought up his first 50 for the first team, before falling for 56 and with the score on 160 and 10 overs left, a good score looked likely.
You may also want to watch:
Diver joined Gale and hit some lusty blows before being caught for 10, but it was left to Masters 18 not out and a fabulous knock of 70 not out from Gale, who took the bowling attack apart to end on 239-5.
Chard and Bush opened up the bowling and both started well, with Chard getting both openers, one bowled and the other caught at cover by Diver.
- 1 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 2 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 3 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 4 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 5 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 6 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 7 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 8 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 9 Secondary school to expand to allow 900 more pupils
- 10 School producing science champions
Uphill’s batsman started to tuck into the bowling and the boundaries started to come, so Brooks brought himself and Harvey on.
They both bowled well and picked up a wicket each, reducing Uphill to 50-4. Harvey picked up another wicket and Brooks two to take Uphill to 90-7, but with Llewellyn looking dangerous and easing past his 50, the game was still not over.
Skipper Brooks made further changes and brought on Diver and Masters, the latter taking the prize wicket of Llewellyn for 90, soon followed by another wicket. Man of the match Gale came into the attack and took the last wicket bowling out Uphill for 181.