Flounders are the catch of the day
Extremely cold conditions met the anglers for Weston Sea Angling Association’s spring open beach competition.
WESTON Sea Angling Association held their spring open beach fishing competition sponsored by Kingston Garage, with 56 anglers taking part, nine of which were juniors.
With an extremely cold easterly wind, it proved difficult to catch the few fish and a challenge to keep warm in the conditions.
Nine anglers weighed in and first with three flounders weighing 1lb 12.5 oz was England international, Rod Marshall from Taunton. On his heels was local angler Morgan Wilson again with a flounder catch.
In third place was Austin Cox from Bridgwater, who landed the heaviest flounder of the day and apart from third prize, also won the optional pool. John Lintern, of the host club, took the second prize in the optional pool.
You may also want to watch:
Weston SAA would like to thank all the anglers who supported this event in such cold conditions and if anyone would like to join them, please contact Nigel on 07578 286112.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 5 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
- 9 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 10 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation