Football club seeks revamp
- Credit: Archant
A North Somerset football club has applied for planning permission to renovate its training grounds.
Banwell Football Club, which is based in Riverside, is looking to install new changing rooms, a food hut and an ice cream kiosk.
It has submitted a planning application to North Somerset Council for the work, which also includes increasing the car park to make room for 50 spaces – 24 more than is currently there.
The club has also recently applied for planning permission to convert neighbouring farmland into three extra pitches.
The club says it needs the extra pitches as the number of teams playing for the village has grown.
You may also want to watch:
The proposal is to create one full-size pitch and two nine-a-side pitches.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 4 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston