For whom the Brent Knolls
- Credit: Archant
Weston Athletic Club members took part in the annual Brent Knoll challenge.
A RECORD number of runners took on the annual Brent Knoll challenge, 28 of them from Weston Athletic Club.
It was a cold day with plenty of mud underfoot to entertain on the climb to the summit.
The first Weston member to conquer the hill and finish the five-and-a-half mile course was Dominic Taylor-Jones in 40.20, finishing fifth overall. There was a battle for the line between Kieron Summers and Dave Bourne, with the former creating a four second margin finishing in 42.03.
Weston females put in strong performances with Phil Richards finishing second overall in 45.28. She was followed by Cheryl Valentine in 51.39 and Nia Davies in 57.46.
You may also want to watch:
Nick Cook proved that all his hard work in training is paying off by nailing another personal best, crossing the line in 53.26, and wiping a clear 10 minutes off last year’s time.
The club’s next race takes place tonight (Thurs) with the third five-mile Prom Run in the series getting under way at 7.30pm. As usual, it will be preceded by the one mile race at 6.45pm, which is free for under-16s.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
More information about race entries and all the club’s other activities can be found on the club’s website at www.westonac.co.uk