Former Bristol Rovers defender becomes Weston-super-Mare’s latest summer signing
- Credit: Archant
Weston-super-Mare Football Club have this week added full-back Danny Greenslade to their squad permanently, after a successful loan spell last season.
The 23-year-old was released by League One side Bristol Rovers at the end of the last campaign.
But head coach Scott Bartlett said the left back could have ‘doubled his money’ at another club, however, this is the ‘right place’ for him.
He said: “We are delighted Danny has committed to the club, in all honesty he had lots of options and could have doubled his money elsewhere but knows he is in the right place to develop here.
“He was one of the best left backs in the league last season and will no doubt move back into professional football where money and long contracts will follow.”
Last season, Greenslade made 18 appearances for the club and scored his first Seagulls goal in the last game of the season away at Hemel Hempstead.Greenslade commented on the professionalism of the club, citing it as one of the reasons he decided to commit his immediate future to The Woodspring Stadium.
He said: “I am really excited to sign and im sure we will have a successful season.
“I have a good relationship with the gaffer, the management, and the players.
- 1 WATCH: Moment unlikely heroine saves the day at Weston Air Show
- 2 French court claims Jill Dando may have been 'murdered by mistake'
- 3 PICTURES: Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend 2022
- 4 Weston to celebrate Pride with style this weekend
- 5 Census 2022: North Somerset's population grows by 7pc since 2011
- 6 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 7 Deadline looms for charity funding bids
- 8 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 9 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 10 Funding and inflation behind concerns over Portishead rail project
“We have some brilliant players here, its a very professional set up and will give me every opportunity to do well and progress my career.
I enjoyed last season, the fans were great and I can’t wait to get going.”
Greenslade joins Luke Purnell, Liam Kingston, Chris Barker, Jamie Laird, Jason Pope, Dayle Grubb, Ash Kington, Jacob Cane, Gethyn Hill, Jake Lee and Jake Reid in agreeing deals for next season, as Bartlett prepares for his first full season at the club.