Former Bristol Rovers striker finally available for Weston-super-Mare
- Credit: Archant
Weston-super-Mare have finally received international clearance for summer signing Eliot Richards.
Richards - formerly of Bristol Rovers - was signed to Tampa Bay Rowdies in Florida but did not play a single game for the American side.
Despite featuring heavily throughout pre-season he has not been able to play in the Seagulls’ opening two fixtures.
He did, however, score against his former club in a friendly match in July when the Gas visited The Woodspring Stadium.
But the sought after clearance finally came through last night (Thursday) and Richards will be in contention to feature at the club’s second successive away match at Welling United on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
He may not get a chance to make his first start though as Weston have made a promising start to the season with back-to-back victories.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course