Former pool world champion to give exhibition
A former world champion at pool is coming to Weston to give an exhibition match.
FORMER pool world champion Carl ‘Houdini’ Morris is coming to Weston to give an exhibition in aid of charity.
Carl is still ranked as one of the top 10 players in the world and he has taken on one of his biggest pool challenges yet, with an attempt to raise �43,000 across 43 English counties in 43 consecutive days to raise money for breast cancer research.
Carl will be donating all profit raised from these events to Against Breast Cancer, a charity dedicated to researching the disease. He said: “Men and women are affected by breast cancer and so are their family and friends. This will be a huge personal challenge for me, but I am looking forward to it and am delighted I can put my skills to use for such a worthy cause.”
Pete Wallington is hosting the exhibition at Allstars Sports Bar in Regent Street, Weston. He said: “We are proud to be associated with the event. In addition to the exhibition, which should thrill and amuse our customers, we will also be running a series of fundraising events which our regulars are looking forward to taking part in.” Further information can be found at Allstarssportsbar.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
The 43 Counties Challenge was launched on July 9 in Durham and finishes in Kent on August 20. For further details of the challenge or to find out where Carl is playing, please go to www.charitypoolexhibitions.org
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 7 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 8 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse