Former Weston-super-Mare star striker returns to the club on loan
- Credit: Archant
Weston-super-Mare have today (Friday) announced the return of their former star striker Bradley Ash as the 20-year-old joins on loan from Sky Bet Championship side Barnsley.
Ash joined the Tykes from Weston in January this year having been in great form for the Seagulls.
He scored fourteen goals in fourteen games for the club and attracted a host of Football League interest.
It was Lee Johnson - now manager at Bristol City - who snapped up the young talent for Barnsley but the youth player is set for a big return to The Woodspring Stadium until at least January 9.
Ash will be in contention for a starting place in tomorrow’s match against bottom side Concord Rangers.
You may also want to watch:
Ahead of the game, Ash told the Mercury: “It’s great to back.
“For me to keep improving I need to be playing men’s football so I can’t wait to get going again tomorrow.”
- 1 New leadership team for charity
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 5 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 6 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait