Four new opponents for Seagulls
- Credit: Archant
WESTON will face four new sides in this year’s Blue Square South as the club continues to make its final preparations for the new season.
Newly-promoted Whitehawk, Gosport Borough and Concord Rangers will all visit the Woodspring Stadium this season, while Bishop’s Stortford join from Blue Square North after a reorganisation of the regional leagues.
The Seagulls’ campaign kicks-off at home to Eastbourne Borough on August 17, with Weston looking to build on a good record against the Hampshire club. In the past two seasons Weston have picked up 10 points from a possible 12.
A busy first week will also see trips to Dorchester Town on August 20 and Havant and Waterloovile four days later.
Weston will enter the FA Cup in the second qualifying round on September 28 and their progress in the competition may affect their league programme.
You may also want to watch:
The league organises local fixtures for clubs around Christmas time to reduce travelling and Weston will head to bath City on Boxing Day before entertaining Dorchester 48 hours later.
The Seagulls’ season will end with a home tie against Chelmsford City on April 26, with the end-of-season awards provisionally planned for that night.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 5 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
- 9 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 10 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
Meanwhile the club have announced a new one-year sponsorship deal with Howards Motor Group.
Chairman Paul Bliss said: “I am delighted we have teamed up with Howards and with Peter Coleman who I have known for a long time as a well-respected businessman in this town.”
Mr Colman, Howards’ managing director, said he hoped the club would have a successful season.
On Sunday manager Craig Laird and his assistant Marc McGregor will hold a fans forum at the clubhouse at 11am.