Four on the trot for Peter
Peter Lloyd and Carl Sorensen won the K&R Mitsubishi Stage Rally at Brean Leisure Park for a record sixth time.
PETER Lloyd and Carl Sorensen won the K&R Mitsubishi Stages Rally held at Brean Leisure Park for a record sixth time and their fourth in a row last weekend.
Driving their S15 Subaru Impreza world rally car, the crew ended the first day leading by a substantial 49 seconds after the six stages. In second place were event sponsors at multiple Brean winner Karl Broad and Roger Grand in their Impreza WRC.
On the Sunday, Lloyd increased his overall lead and won the event by two minutes and six seconds. Broad took second place, holding off the challenge of Theo Bengry and Less Forsbrook, who took third in their Ford Focus WRC on their first visit to Brean.
Local father and daughter pairing of Michael and Molly Threlfall were thrilled to bring their Mitsubishi Evo home in fourth place, this being 16-year-old Molly’s first competitive event in the navigators seat.
You may also want to watch:
Annual top runners and former Brean victors Steve and Yvonne Furzeland had an unlucky weekend, suffering many mechanical challenges in their Subaru Impreza S12 WRC, which eventually expired with a small but spectacular oil fire from the gearbox.
A record number of spectators were attracted to this popular event. The many thousands attending enjoyed the extended viewing facilities over the weekend.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 4 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
The organisers wish to thank all competitors, marshals, sponsors, officials and spectators for contributing to make this one of the best and enjoyable Brean rallies.