Four out of four for Winscombe
- Credit: Archant
Winscombe recorded their fourth victory on the trot to cement their place at the top of the Tribute Somerset Premier League.
Wiveliscombe 16 pts
Winscombe 23 pts
Winscombe travelled to Wiveliscombe looking to cement their place at the top of the Tribute Somerset Premier League.
Playing down the slope in the first-half, Winscombe started brightly and although they went behind to an early penalty, they were soon on the scoreboard themselves courtesy of a try by captain Lewis Podpadec, who took the ball over the line at the back of a well worked driving maul.
You may also want to watch:
Wiveliscombe were vulnerable to the rolling maul and when they illegally tried to stop another 10 minutes later, the referee was in no doubt about awarding a penalty try. Two further penalty kicks by Sam Dearsly saw Winscombe move further ahead as half-time approached.
With tries either side of the break, Wiveliscombe turned the game on its head and with the advantage of the slope in the second half, the home team looked set to cause an upset.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud
Winscombe defended fiercely and a third Dearsly penalty was enough to ensure their fourth straight win of the season.