Four teams contest memorial match
Four skittles teams contested the annual Brian Bancroft memorial tournament.
The annual Brian Bancroft memorial skittles tournament took place between Winscombe Cricket Club, Weston Central League, Weston and District and the Wrington Vale League.
It started with a minute’s silence due to the passing away of Steve Hucker, who played for Homefield Rangers in the District League and the Cricket Club in the Wrington Vale.
The game was a close affair with the District team, captained by Steve James, holding off the Cricket Club team captained by Merv Brean by only two pins, with Clint Harding’s Vale team a further pin away in third.
Winners for the last three years Central, captained by John Bastin, surprisingly some way adrift.
You may also want to watch:
The highest scores on each of the five sets were: Wayne Harding 48 (Wrington Vale); Ryan Jones 52 (District); Kevin Buck 65 (Wrington Vale); Geoff Poole 51 (Central); Nick Robins 54 (Cricket Club).
Some noteable scores were - On Ogden, a woman player from the Cricket Club who hit a fantastic 50 and young Jory Cureton, also from the Cricket Club, hit 49.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 4 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 5 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 6 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 7 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 8 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 9 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 10 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
Organisers Merv Brean and John Ogden would like to thank all the teams for taking part, Nick and Tina Robins for doing a great curry and also Matt Weedon, who stuck up all evening by himself, a total of 1,771 pins.