Four teams flying the flag for Weston
Four teams will be flying the flag for Weston when they represent the town in the Blackthorn British Skittles championships.
NO less than four teams will be flying the flag for Weston when they represent the town in the Blackthorn British Skittles championships and another team could be joining them if they win their qualifying heat.
In the men’s competition, the Skimmers from the Bull’s Head and St John Rent Boys from Weston St John Football Club have made it to the final, along with the AKA Angels from the Working Men’s Club in the ladies’ finals and the Hornets of Hornets Rugby Club are definitely through in the mixed competition.
Weston St John team will be anxious to get their hands on the trophy they won in 2009. The AKA Angels’ best performance to date has been as semi-finalists three years ago, while the Hornets are first time qualifiers.
Meanwhile the new kids on the block are the St John Rent Boys, entering the competition for the first time and reaching the finals.
You may also want to watch:
Anxiously awaiting their final qualifying game are the Weston Super Nightmares, hoping to make it five Weston teams in the finals. It would be their first outing in the finals if they win.
In total 64 teams from Cornwall to Coventry have qualified for the Blackthorn finals which take place on September 22 at the Riviera International Conference Centre, Torquay, organised by the Shoot Out Club.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 10 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
Registration for next year’s event has already opened. Teams can apply by calling 01803 210210 or visiting www.shootoutclub.co.uk
CHURCHILL Skittle and Social Club are celebrating their 75th anniversary this year and to mark the occasion are holding a celebration evening at Churchill Memorial Hall on September 22 at 7.30pm.
There will be entertainment by Pete McKenzie, a bar and hog roast. Anyone wishing to purchase tickets at �7.50 (including hog roast) should contact the secretary on 01934 852045.