Fourteen gymnasts selected for Great Britain
- Credit: Archant
Fourteen gymnasts from Weston Aerobic Gymnastics have been selected for Great Britain to take part in the World Cup in Portugal.
Weston Aerobic Gymnastics waited hopefully for British Gymnastics to announce the national squad for 2016, and were justifiably delighted when 14 gymnasts from the club were announced as members of the squad for this year.
The club has gymnasts representing every age group of national squad, from the young age group of 10-11 years, through youth and juniors up to seniors.
They are also proud to have boys and mixed pairs selected in every age category.
Weston AGC gymnasts have been selected for national squad and represented Great Britain for several years. The club continues to nurture new talent and this year has three gymnasts selected for the first time.
You may also want to watch:
Gymnasts selected - age 10-11 individual: Toby Baker, Lola Lawrence, Nancy Law and Seren Jones; mixed pair : Toby Baker & Lola Lawrence.
Age 12-14 individual: Lewis Harvey and Tianna Marshall; mixed pair: Lewis Harvey and Bella Styles; group: Tianna Marshall, Bella Styles, Molly Brown, Ellie Hayes and Gemma Handley.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 10 Pilot dairy facility opens in food innovation centre
Age 15-17 individual and mixed pair: Rhys Williams and Keira Landen. Senior individual: Matthew Saunders; mixed pair –Saunders and Beth Kemmish.
These gymnasts are working hard preparing to represent Great Britain in Portugal at the World Cup and will be preparing for the selection event for the World Championships held in Korea during June.
The overwhelming success of the club is down the dedication, hard work and talent of both gymnasts and coaches and the support from parents and backroom staff.
If you wish your child to be a part of this successful and popular club, please email email@example.com for more information.