Fourths heading for relegation
SQUASH - TRAVELLING to Keynsham with high hopes, Weston Squash and Racketball Club fourth team returned with six points after some hard fought matches.
TRAVELLING to Keynsham with high hopes, Weston Squash and Racketball Club fourth team returned with six points after some hard fought matches.
Pick of the performances was from young Elliott Smith who won convincingly for the second week in succession. Playing at No 5 he dispatched his opponent with considerable ease.
Graham Quick recorded his first win of the season - with some good length lobs and tight drops he proved too good for his opponent. The other players battled hard but were outplayed by some experienced players. The team look doomed to be relegated but are enjoying their squash and looking forward to much tighter games after Christmas in Division 4.
Scores: Rob Fryer lost 2-9 1-9 1-9; Daryl Hicks lost 3-9 3-9 2-9; Graham Quick won 9-1 7-9 9-5 9-2; Rod Barnes lost 2-9 0-9 2-9; Elliott Smith won 9-6 9-5 9-5.
You may also want to watch:
If anybody wishes to join the club then visit www.westonsquash.co.uk or telephone 07766 116203.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 10 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston