Free entry for pink ladies
Weston Rugby Club is holding the first of many charity community days on Saturday.
WESTON 1st XV, United and Colts are all in home action on Saturday.
The Weston club is holding the first of many charity community days in aid of Breast Cancer.
The 1st XV will be playing their National Three South West match against Old Redcliffians (3pm), wearing a specially designed ‘Pink’ kit that will be auctioned off later that day to raise money for the charity.
Supporters are encouraged to wear pink to support the charity and the team and entry to the 1st XV game will be free to women who turn up wearing pink, though the club is asking for a donation to the charity.
You may also want to watch:
In the evening, there will be live music in the clubhouse from the Moderations and tickets for this are £7.50 available in advance from the bar or £10 on the evening.
There is a top of the table clash in the Tribute Somerset Premier League where second-placed Weston United host league leaders Gordano, who have a two-point advantage, but both teams are unbeaten this season. Kick-off is at 3pm
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 6 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 7 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 New leadership team for charity
Weston Athletic are third in the Tribute Somerset 2 North League and they travel to face Bristol Harlequins 2nd XV, who are just a point above them.
Weston Colts will have home advantage when they face their Frampton Cotterell counterparts, kick-off 2pm.