Free pool fun for children at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre
- Credit: VAUGHN RIDLEY/SWPIX.COM
YOUNG swimmers are being offered the chance to enjoy a free day of sport and fun under the guidance of a trio of medal-winning international athletes.
Weston’s Hutton Moor Leisure Centre is one of a number of pools around the country taking part in a Total Swimming event set up by Olympian Steve Parry and backed by swimwear firm Zoggs.
The event, during half-term week on May 29, will be open to 150 children aged between seven and 14, and include different aquatic sports ranging from mini water polo to synchronised swimming.
Hutton Moor’s event will be attended by Commonwealth Games triple gold medallist James Goddard, former Team GB synchronised swimmer Kate Shelton and Olympic water polo goalkeeper Rosie Morris.
Each participant will be given a chance to try five different disciplines by rotating through different stations led by the athletes, who will provide instruction and encourage the children.
You may also want to watch:
Youngsters and their families will have the opportunity to meet the Olympians outside of the pool for autographs and photos, and to get a close-up look at their medals.
Each child will receive a a medal at the end of the event – after having the chance to race against an Olympian.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 3 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 4 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 5 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 6 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 7 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 8 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 9 Have your say on health services in Somerset
- 10 Free workshops to raise awareness of seasonal affective disorder
Steve Parry said: “(Children) will not only learn a huge amount at these events but get a once-in-a-lifetime chance to swim against a top athlete and, we hope, begin to understand the benefits, and enjoyment, of adopting an active, healthy lifestyle.”
Spaces are limited to 150, so booking is essential.
To reserve a place, contact Hutton Moor on 01934 425900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants must be aged between seven and 14 years old, and must also be capabale of swimming 25 metres unaided.
Everyone taking part must have registered and completed a consent form.