Friendly victory for Burnham
Burnham put out a young side in this friendly against Barton Hill.
Burnham 20 pts
Barton Hill 10 pts
BURNHAM took the opportunity to keep playing and used this friendly game as a chance to utilise some of their promising young players.
After five minutes, Burnham were awarded a penalty scrum. Piper quickly passed out to Mason Shaw to force his way over. Fifteen minutes later, a long clearing kick from Russell Pike was gathered by Barton Hill, who attacked from deep, only for Maka to intercept and score under the posts. Piper converted for a 12-0 lead.
You may also want to watch:
Ten minutes later, Pike produced a captain’s try after Burnham had recycled twice, enabling him to create a large hole to score under the posts.
Barton Hill replied with good retention to score out wide and o the stroke of half-time, following strong play by the pack, Piper found Tom Chaffey on the blindside to dive over for a 24-5 lead.
- 1 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 2 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 3 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 8 New leadership team for charity
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
The second half did not live up to the first and apart from a try each, Burnham’s scored by Luke Gowan, the game generally fizzled out.