Friendly victory for Clarence
- Credit: Archant
Clarence resumed inter-club fixtures after the Christmas break with a home friendly match against Bridgwater BC, which they won by 11 shots.
CLARENCE resumed inter-club fixtures after the Christmas break with a home friendly match against Bridgwater BC, which they won by 11 shots. Both rinks were victorious.
Clarence 31, Bridgwater 20: Lucy Oldham, Tony Comfort, Jim Keay, Audrey Powell 16-9; Pam Fowler, Brian Difford, Alan Bishop, Veronica Jones 15-11.
Clarence visited North Petherton for a three-rink friendly. They had problems adjusting to the wide rinks and went down on all three after an enjoyable game, although Audrey Powell’s team led 15-13 with four ends left.
North Petherton 63, Clarence 44: Alan Bishop, Tony Mannion, Mary Davison, Mick Edlin 17-23; Pam Fowler, Brian Difford, Jim Keay, Audrey Powell 15-20; Tony Hooper, Lucy Oldham, Veronica Jones, Martyn Adams 12-20.
You may also want to watch:
The second grudge match of the season between men and ladies is being held at Clarence on Sunday. The men won the first match before Christmas.
ISLE of Wedmore beat Clarence in a mixed friendly over two rinks during the holiday period.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 Pilot dairy facility opens in food innovation centre
- 10 Weston schools to reintroduce extra-curricular clubs
S Eastment’s team won by 21-14 and M Ronald led her side to victory in a tight game 20-19, giving a match score of 41-33.
In a cracking start to the New Year, Wedmore had two good results at home in mixed friendlies. In a handsome win against Congresbury, the match score was 78-12. M Hordle’s side won 45-6 and S Eastment by 33-6.
Against Clevedon, Wedmore won on both rinks. E Payne’s team won 26-11 and S Eastment again led a winning side, this time by 27-13. The match score was 53-24.