Friendly victory for the Colts
Hornets Colts enjoyed a comfortable victory against Thornbury at The Nest.
AFTER conceding the Under-17s cup fixture, Thornbury arrived at The Nest with their Under-18s side to play a friendly.
It took 10 minutes of arm-wrestling before the first score. Good work by Aplin, Turner, Hartley, Campbell, Francis, Hitchens, Solomon and Humphris, gave a chance for Turner to score.
Hornets scored again from a textbook line-out and drive, with Hitchins catching the ball and Bate claiming the try. More good interplay by the backs saw Osborne set up Counsell to touch down.
The second half started with Fry making several breaks, Constable found himself in midfield and he went in under the posts, converted by Humphris.
You may also want to watch:
Counter-rucking in midfield and the backs sensed another score and Counsell was on hand again to cut a perfect line for another. Thornbury came back with a good try of their own before Solomon crashed over for a try, converted by Humphris.
Thornbury replied with another before a fine individual run by Constable gave a opportunity for Blake Williams to gather and surge over, converted by Francis. Again Thornbury were rewarded with another before the final score by Hill brought the game to a close, with Hornets winning 51-24.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 5 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 6 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait