From couch to Christmas Cracker in 10 weeks
Weston Athletic Club is organising a 10k training programme in the run-up to its Christmas Cracker race.
WESTON Athletic Club will be organising a 10k training programme this autumn in the run-up to its Christmas Cracker race to help runners prepare for the event.
The course is designed by the club to help people progress from not being able to run at all to being able to run 10k in just 10 weeks.
Jim Wotton from the club organises the programme: “Last year we helped 50 runners, many of whom had never run before, and some who were lapsed runners, with the goal of running the Christmas Cracker at the end of the training programme. Most of them achieved this, and they’ve all carried on this year to enjoy running on a regular basis.
“I really would encourage anyone who would like to get into running, by working towards an achievable goal, to get in touch. It’s a great way to get started at the same time as a large number of other people who are all in exactly the same position.
You may also want to watch:
“As well as preparing people physically, we’ll also give people advice on pre-race nutrition, hydration and what kit to wear when running.”
The Christmas Cracker training programme will begin on September 28 with sessions every Monday evening at 7pm, and optional sessions every Saturday at 8am. A charge of £30 will be made at the beginning of the course and all the profits will go to Weston Hospicecare. All the coaches and leaders from the club give their time freely.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 6 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 7 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 8 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 9 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
Entry for the race is available at www.westonac.co.uk/christmascracker and anyone wanting to sign-up or find out more about the pre-race training programme should contact Jim Wotton by email at email@example.com or by phone on 01934 814208.