Frosty start for anglers
An overnight frost greeted the anglers fishing the two matches at Shiplate Farm, Bleadon.
AN overnight frost greeted the anglers fishing the two matches at Shiplate Farm, Bleadon, on Sunday morning.
Luckily the sun shone and warmed the anglers slightly. The fishing improved, but it was a real test of skill as to how they were going to tempt the fish to feed.
Frys MG fished a match on the Main Lake, while Shiplate winter series fished the Hawthorns and Westpool in the third leg of their series of 10 matches.
Andy Curry won the Fry’s match with a bag of total silvers (40lb 2oz), feeding groundbait and caster with red maggot over the top.
You may also want to watch:
Frys MG - Main Lake (22 pegs): Andy Curry (peg 13), 40lb 2oz; Martin Rich (peg 8), 32lb 11oz; Dean Malin (peg 14), 21lb 12oz; Jason Bird (peg 6), 20lb 13oz; Pete Sivell (peg 7), 18lb 12oz; Steve Preece (peg 11), 18lb 12oz.
Shiplate Winter Series round 3 – Hawthorns (15 pegs): Tim Lewis (peg 12), 45lb 12oz; Julian Pinkett (peg 9), 33lb 15oz; Johnny Page (peg 6), 29lb 15oz; Andy France (peg 3), 21lb 2oz; Dave Cockayne (peg 5) 8lb 5oz; Tom Light (peg 10), 7lb 11oz.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
Westpool (15 pegs): Pete Bartlett (peg 4), 40lb 13oz; Dom Sullivan (peg 11), 38lb 1oz; Mike Staite (peg 6), 37lb 14oz; Darren Greenwood (peg 9), 24lb 14oz; Paul Chapman (peg 12), 21lb 14oz; Russ Peck (peg 13), 12lb 15oz.