Full contact victory for Jake
- Credit: Archant
Weston Warriors member Jake Kenny won a full contact kickboxing fight, televised by Sky Sports.
WESTON Warriors kickboxing team attended Total Full Contact South West in Yeovil, with young hopeful Jake Kenny.
The event was televised for Sky Sports and the young Weston fighter was selected to start the show off in a junior full contact kickboxing fight against home town favourite Furkan Karadag of Yeovil Fight Academy.
Fourteen-year-old Jake has trained under Stuart Davies and Lewis Mulhall for the last two years at Sweat Fitness Academy and has really taken to the sport. Jake enjoys the competitiveness of kickboxing and trains nearly every day to ensure he is fight fit.
The fight started with a barrage of punches from the home town fighter, who had the local crowd on his side, but Jake continued to compete.
You may also want to watch:
He turned up the pressure in the third round and took a majority decision in a tough fight. Jake will be representing the club again on June 29 at Hutton Moor Sports Centre on the Fightfactor TV Fightshow finals.
The club currently train at Sweat Fitness Academy, but will be relocating to Worle Industrial Estate in the following weeks in a 4000 sq ft unit with a boxing ring and full cage set up.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 6 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
For details, please call 01934 629199 or email email@example.com