Full house for Burnham Karate Club
Seventeen Burnham and Highbridge Karate Club members pass a recent grading with flying colours.
A RECENT grading session at Burnham and Highbridge Karate Club saw 17 cadet students and one adult pass with flying colours, earning them their new grades and belts.
The grades are then represented by coloured belts. The successful students were - juniors, 9th Kyu: Liam Rosser, Holly Russam, Isabella Di Mascio, Chloe Lainton, Lorna Curtis, Connor Bryant. 7th Kyu: Nikola Fabicka, Samuel Clarke. 6th Kyu: Lauren Bird, Sunnie Burrows, Jack Yeates, Sam Smith. 5th Kyu: Milly Smith. 4th Kyu: Josh Proctor. 3rd Kyu: Sam Constance, Rebecca Proctor, Georgia Pope. Adult, 4th Kyu: Joe Proctor.
Burnham and Highbridge Karate Club were founded in 1979 and with over 50 members, is the longest running karate club in the Burnham area.
The club trains every Wednesday (juniors 7-8pm, adults 8.15-9.15pm) and Sunday (juniors 10-11am, adults 11.15am-12.15pm) at the King Alfred’s Sports Centre.
You may also want to watch:
New members are always welcome. For more details please call Nick Smith (7th Dan) on 07971 679455 or visit www.burnham-highbridgekarateclub.org.uk for more information.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 8 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 9 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 10 Brain tumour survivor Lyra, aged 7, aims to top charts with Christmas charity single