Full house for Burnham Karate Club
Seventeen Burnham and Highbridge Karate Club members pass a recent grading with flying colours.
A RECENT grading session at Burnham and Highbridge Karate Club saw 17 cadet students and one adult pass with flying colours, earning them their new grades and belts.
The grades are then represented by coloured belts. The successful students were - juniors, 9th Kyu: Liam Rosser, Holly Russam, Isabella Di Mascio, Chloe Lainton, Lorna Curtis, Connor Bryant. 7th Kyu: Nikola Fabicka, Samuel Clarke. 6th Kyu: Lauren Bird, Sunnie Burrows, Jack Yeates, Sam Smith. 5th Kyu: Milly Smith. 4th Kyu: Josh Proctor. 3rd Kyu: Sam Constance, Rebecca Proctor, Georgia Pope. Adult, 4th Kyu: Joe Proctor.
Burnham and Highbridge Karate Club were founded in 1979 and with over 50 members, is the longest running karate club in the Burnham area.
The club trains every Wednesday (juniors 7-8pm, adults 8.15-9.15pm) and Sunday (juniors 10-11am, adults 11.15am-12.15pm) at the King Alfred’s Sports Centre.
New members are always welcome. For more details please call Nick Smith (7th Dan) on 07971 679455 or visit www.burnham-highbridgekarateclub.org.uk for more information.
- 1 Two cases of Omicron Covid variant in Somerset after PARTY, say officials
- 2 Convicted murderer to appeal against sentence - claiming media footage ‘impeded’ fair trial
- 3 A38 crash leaves passenger with 'potentially life-threatening injuries'
- 4 Rural 12-acre plot to be developed
- 5 50 arrests made in SIX DAYS after launch of Christmas drink-driving campaign
- 6 ELECTION: By-election candidate announced by Conservatives
- 7 Eight people hit with fines for public space breaches in Weston
- 8 Band to fundraise for Weston General radio station
- 9 Weston nursing home revs up for Rosa Ferrari's 100th birthday celebrations
- 10 ELECTION: Labour announce Weston Central ward candidate