Fun day held at Congresbury Bowling Clubs
- Credit: Archant
A family day for sportsmen and women was held at Congresbury Bowling Club.
It was a fun family day for sportsmen and women at Congresbury Bowling Club.
A day of competition ended with a fight for the top four places at the annual sportsmen’s day, sponsored by Robin King estate agents.
The winners were the Jasmine Jesters – Mike Carpenter, Mike Smith, George McAulay and John Williams.
In second places was The Plough A team – Garry Poledri, Chris Haynes, Richard Davis and Wayne Richardson.
You may also want to watch:
Prizes were presented by Gill Fraser, of Robin King, who sponsored the event, with bowling club president Don Manning
A total of 28 teams of novice bowlers took part in the competition held at the club in Mill Leg, Congresbury. Supporters, who cheered them on from the sidelines, were full of praise for the annual event. “This was the best sportsmen’s day yet, superbly organised and wonderfully relaxed,” said one.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences