Fundraising events to be held at St Johns
St Johns Football Club is holding fundraising events to help refurbish the premises.
WESTON St Johns Football Club, founded in 1961, was on the brink of closure, resulting in the potential closure of all football facilities in the community.
Two local clubs, Westend and Weston St Johns have joined forces and made the commitment to take on the occupancy to keep football in the local community, with an ultimate goal to rejuvenate the facility.
The two teams have formed a new charity called Bournville Community Sport and soon to re-brand the facility The Community Sport Stadium and host a series of fundraisers to generate funds to refurbish the premises.
The first fundraiser is a six-a-side tournament on August 22, which costs just £30 per team to enter for a day of football. This is followed by a legends day on August 29, where all players that have played for either club can come back for a game against the current squads.
You may also want to watch:
Bournville Community Sport is also seeking for local businesses to purchase a sponsorship board which is to be displayed around the perimeter of the main pitch.
All money raised goes towards the refurbishment of the facility. Please email email@example.com if you would like to take part in any events or purchase a sponsorship board.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released