Fundraising events to be held at St Johns
St Johns Football Club is holding fundraising events to help refurbish the premises.
WESTON St Johns Football Club, founded in 1961, was on the brink of closure, resulting in the potential closure of all football facilities in the community.
Two local clubs, Westend and Weston St Johns have joined forces and made the commitment to take on the occupancy to keep football in the local community, with an ultimate goal to rejuvenate the facility.
The two teams have formed a new charity called Bournville Community Sport and soon to re-brand the facility The Community Sport Stadium and host a series of fundraisers to generate funds to refurbish the premises.
The first fundraiser is a six-a-side tournament on August 22, which costs just £30 per team to enter for a day of football. This is followed by a legends day on August 29, where all players that have played for either club can come back for a game against the current squads.
You may also want to watch:
Bournville Community Sport is also seeking for local businesses to purchase a sponsorship board which is to be displayed around the perimeter of the main pitch.
All money raised goes towards the refurbishment of the facility. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to take part in any events or purchase a sponsorship board.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 4 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 7 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 8 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 9 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival