Gail hits a brace for Winscombe
- Credit: Archant
Winscombe ladies third team recorded a fine 2-0 win over Frys.
Winscombe Ladies 3rd XI 2
Frys Ladies 3rd XI 0
WINSCOMBE ladies’ third team provided the crowd with Christmas cheer, including a cracker of a second goal.
Right from the start, Winscombe attacked hard with the midfielders and forwards all working well to move the ball into the right areas. Helen Sinclair had several chances saved by the excellent Fry’s keeper and Heather Batchelor hit the post.
You may also want to watch:
Sinclair had a goal disallowed from a short corner, but Winscombe took the lead through Gail Izzard, after good work from Gill Harvey and Batchelor.
Winscombe made the game safe with 17 minutes to go when Izzard scored her second, an excellent reverse-stick flick from the top of the D which looped over the keeper’s head into the goal.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
The John Hodge Solicitors’ Player of the Match was Katie Semple
Winscombe’s player of the match Katie Semple with stand-in goalkeeper Megan Quantick (right).