Gail hits a brace for Winscombe
- Credit: Archant
Winscombe ladies third team recorded a fine 2-0 win over Frys.
Winscombe Ladies 3rd XI 2
Frys Ladies 3rd XI 0
WINSCOMBE ladies’ third team provided the crowd with Christmas cheer, including a cracker of a second goal.
Right from the start, Winscombe attacked hard with the midfielders and forwards all working well to move the ball into the right areas. Helen Sinclair had several chances saved by the excellent Fry’s keeper and Heather Batchelor hit the post.
You may also want to watch:
Sinclair had a goal disallowed from a short corner, but Winscombe took the lead through Gail Izzard, after good work from Gill Harvey and Batchelor.
Winscombe made the game safe with 17 minutes to go when Izzard scored her second, an excellent reverse-stick flick from the top of the D which looped over the keeper’s head into the goal.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 8 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
The John Hodge Solicitors’ Player of the Match was Katie Semple
Winscombe’s player of the match Katie Semple with stand-in goalkeeper Megan Quantick (right).