Gemma wins two gold medals at Leicester
- Credit: Archant
Oldmixon & Uphill Karate Club member Gemma Cross won two gold medals at the Leicester Open Championships.
STUDENTS from the Oldmixon & Uphill Karate Club entered the Leicester Open Championships and had a successful day.
Gemma Cross was on top form as she blasted her way to a double gold in Kata and Kumite. Unfortunately, she sustained an injury in her next category during the semi-final and although she was 3-0 up at the time, she was deemed unfit to continue, giving her opponent an easy route into the final, so Gemma finished in bronze position.
Chloe Carchrie continued her success on the Kumite circuit, beating girls several years older to gain a well deserved gold.
Nabeel Uddin showed good technical skills in the Kata to win his way through to the final and a silver medal.
You may also want to watch:
Other Oldmixon & Uphill competitiors taking part, but unlucky to medal this time were Aimee Carchrie and Harry Littlewood, who both put up brave performances in their respective categories.
The club trains at Oldmixon School on Wednesday evenings and Uphill Village Hall on Friday evenings. A further session is available at Locking Village Hall on Fridays.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud
For further information, please contact Wendy White or Gary Doughty on 823600, email: email@example.com, website: www.oukk.org.uk