George blows away the Winscombe top order
- Credit: Archant
Uphill Castle opening bowler George Cox blew the Winscombe top order away in a fine spell to give his side an emphatic victory
UPHILL Castle continued their winning start to the season when they beat Winscombe by 106 runs.
Winning the toss and batting first, Seb Winn (68) and Andre Belcher (27) got Uphill off to an excellent start with a rapid stand of 56, before Belcher was caught at mid-off.
Cattermole quickly followed unluckily run out whilst backing up and a tumble of wickets saw Uphill reduced to 130-5 in the 23rd over.
A rebuilding job was required and the lower order supplied this, with all getting into double figures, taking Uphill to 211 all out in the 47th over.
You may also want to watch:
Opening the bowling for Uphill, George Cox in his first spell blew the Winscombe top order away, bowling Shephard, Wright, Bradley and Goodrum, reducing the visitors to 24-4.
Apart from Jory Cureton with an excellent inning of 56, there was little resistance as the rest of the batting crumbled around him. Cox came back for his second spell and removed Warren’s middle stump to complete his five wicket hall for 31 runs.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 'Bright future' for Weston high street
Bail closed the innings off at 105 when he had Cureton stumped by Disney and Uphill claimed 21 points to Winscombe’s five.
Uphill’s Autosmart man of the match was George Cox.
S Winn lbw Clough 68
A Belcher c Goodrum b Peters 27
S Cattermole run out 1
T Watson b Peters 2
L Bliss lbw Clough 2
D Millard b Cureton 23
G Cox c Wright b Clough 14
G Williams c Shephard b Warren 12
C Disney c Bradley b Warren 10
M Bail c Lund b Wright 21
S Webster not out 0
Bowling: J Peters 10-0-47-2; S Warren 10-2-44-2; C Clough 10-0-48-3; J Cureton 8-1-30-1; W Wright 9.1-1-36-1.
R Shephard b Cox 2
J Cureton st Disney b Bail 56
W Wright b Cox 4
R Bradley b Cox 0
B Goodrum b Cox 4
J Rutherford b Webster 9
M Coe lbw Bliss 0
A Lund c Cattermole b Bail 4
C Clough b Cattermole b Bliss 4
S Warren b Cox 1
J Peters not out 0
Bowling: G Cox 9-2-31-5; S Cattermole 6-1-21-0; S Webster 5-1-14-1; L Bliss 7-0-14-2; M Bail 5.4-0-15-2; T Watson 1-0-5-0.