Georgina makes her county debut for Somerset
- Credit: Archant
Cricketer Georgina Goodwin made a successful start playing for Somerset girls’ Under-13s against Cornwall.
WESTON cricketer Georgina Goodwin made a successful start for Somerset girls’ Under-13s.
Georgina played at St Austell for Somerset against Cornwall, where she took two wickets in a game that Somerset won.
She was put forward for county trails last year by Weston Cricket Club and after seven sessions at Somerset County Cricket ground and two district matches, Georgina was finally selected for the squad.
It was a nervous time for all, because only 14 were selected from a field of 32, Georgina attends Worle Community School and is captain of Weston girls’ Under-11s. She also plays for the boy’s Under-13s and has been asked to play for the men’s fourth team.
You may also want to watch:
Special thanks goe to Rhys and Terry at Weston, who have done a lot to promote girls’ cricket and who have supported and encouraged Georgina thoughout.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 5 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 8 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 9 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 10 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village