Georgina makes her county debut for Somerset
- Credit: Archant
Cricketer Georgina Goodwin made a successful start playing for Somerset girls’ Under-13s against Cornwall.
WESTON cricketer Georgina Goodwin made a successful start for Somerset girls’ Under-13s.
Georgina played at St Austell for Somerset against Cornwall, where she took two wickets in a game that Somerset won.
She was put forward for county trails last year by Weston Cricket Club and after seven sessions at Somerset County Cricket ground and two district matches, Georgina was finally selected for the squad.
It was a nervous time for all, because only 14 were selected from a field of 32, Georgina attends Worle Community School and is captain of Weston girls’ Under-11s. She also plays for the boy’s Under-13s and has been asked to play for the men’s fourth team.
You may also want to watch:
Special thanks goe to Rhys and Terry at Weston, who have done a lot to promote girls’ cricket and who have supported and encouraged Georgina thoughout.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 4 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston