Girls beaten in county final
Weston Cricket Club girls lost in the final of the Somerset Under-13 softball championship.
WESTON Cricket Club girls travelled to Wells to play in the Somerset Under-13 softball championship.
The team of Jodie Filer, Lauren Filer, Hannah Capes, Georgina Goodwin, Alice Skinner, Lucy Loud, Katie Sharkey and Erin Popham played five matches and recorded victories against Chard, Taunton, Long Sutton and Bath 2nds, before losing in the final to an older and experienced Bath first team.
An outstanding catch by Lucy Loud in the first game set the tone for the day and wicketkeeper Hannah Capes was equally as impressive with half a dozen catches behind the sticks.
Wickets for Jodie (7), Lauren (4), Alice (4) and Katie came easily for Weston, who bowled a tight line all day.
You may also want to watch:
The batting was even better with all players making big contributions. Jodie (50), Lauren (42), Alice (39), Katie (24), Erin (24), Hannah (19), Georgina (6) and Lucy (2), showed the rest of the county how much talent there is in Weston.
Highlight of a great day of cricket was three towering sixes from Erin against Taunton. Massive thanks go to all the parents, Wells Cricket Club and Andy Fairbairn from Somerset County Cricket Club for a fantastic day.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 5 Worle opticians wins award
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Cardiff City recall James Waite from loan spell with Weston
- 8 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 9 Wrington store nominated for best in South West
- 10 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston