Girls head for the gym
- Credit: Archant
Team Mendip girls have linked up with Strikeback Gym to help fitness for the new season.
TEAM Mendip gained promotion season with a second place finish in Somerset Ladies League in only their second season.
This has allowed them to enter a reserve team into the league and as a result, competition for a place in the first team has now increased.
Team Mendip have now stepped up training by linking up with Strikeback Gym in Lynx Crescent. The gym is currently putting on boot-camp training sessions for clubs and groups and are putting the ladies through their paces.
Strikeback coach James Lucas said: “The ladies worked very hard,” and he was impressed with their effort.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in joining up with the ladies this season or getting into female football, should contact club secretary Andy on 07813 988948.
Anyone interested in getting fit or training out of Strikeback Gym should call club contact Greg on 07753 615314.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 4 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 7 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 8 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 9 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 10 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach