Girls head for the gym
- Credit: Archant
Team Mendip girls have linked up with Strikeback Gym to help fitness for the new season.
TEAM Mendip gained promotion season with a second place finish in Somerset Ladies League in only their second season.
This has allowed them to enter a reserve team into the league and as a result, competition for a place in the first team has now increased.
Team Mendip have now stepped up training by linking up with Strikeback Gym in Lynx Crescent. The gym is currently putting on boot-camp training sessions for clubs and groups and are putting the ladies through their paces.
Strikeback coach James Lucas said: “The ladies worked very hard,” and he was impressed with their effort.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in joining up with the ladies this season or getting into female football, should contact club secretary Andy on 07813 988948.
Anyone interested in getting fit or training out of Strikeback Gym should call club contact Greg on 07753 615314.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 4 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 7 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 8 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 9 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 10 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary