Girls held to a draw
Hutton Girls Under-13s drew 3-3 with AEK Boco after taking a 3-0 lead.
HUTTON Girls Under-13s played high-flying AEK Boco on a pitch badly affected by a pre-match downpour, yet started well with wingers Danni Williams and Meg Lewis using their pace to cause the hosts problems.
Boco came back well and started pinning the girls into their own half, but Chloe Woods in the Hutton goal was in superb form.
Hutton struck first when Lauryn Nigh’s great pass released Rachel Woods who coolly beat the keeper. Better was to come shortly afterwards when Georgia Ferdinando’s superbly struck shot fizzed into the net to extend the girls lead.
Boco were always a threat with their strong approach play, but defenders Anya Lawrence, Nicole Badman and Eva Ferdinando held their line well as well as setting up Hutton on the counter attack and when Lewis’ flick pass found Hannah Worley, her finish gave Hutton a 3-0 half-time lead.
You may also want to watch:
After the break, Boco stepped up their game and they pulled a goal back 10 minutes into the half following a good cross into the box. Tia Craig gave the girls a constant outlet, but good defending and an incredible double save kept Boco in the game.
Boco reduced the areas with 10 minutes remaining to set up a tense finish and Boco finally equalised with time almost up. Hutton still could have won, but unfortunately the shot narrowly missed the target and the match finished as a 3-3 draw.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 5 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 6 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
Silvermoor Interiors player of the game was awarded to Woods in the Hutton goal.