Girls hold out in edgy finish
- Credit: Archant
Hutton Under-15 girls held out to record a narrow 3-2 victory over Bristol Ladies Union.
HUTTON Under-15 girls visited Bristol Ladies Union and were quickly into their stride.
However, BLU were in no mood to roll over easily and pressured Hutton’s rearguard of Georgia Ferdinando, Hannah Capes, Anya Lawrence, Eva Ferdinando and keeper Lauren Filer.
The home defence were also forced to work hard to keep strikers Robyn Perrett and Gabby Massey at bay and both were subject to some robust challenges before Perrett gave Hutton the lead.
Hutton’s midfield duo of Hannah Worley and Lauryn Nigh worked hard to get possession and with Tia Craig and Jodie Filer constantly pressurising the hosts, the girls extended the lead when Worley scored from 25 yards.
You may also want to watch:
The second half started with Hutton in control of the game as BLU appeared to wilt and Massey extended the lead. The BLU goal now seemed to have a charmed life as Massey, Filer and Nigh all struck the woodwork from distance.
Nicole Badman continued her good form with her tough tackling display and Meg Lewis returned from a two month lay-off following injury for the final 20 minutes.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 6 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 7 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 8 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 9 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
As the game appeared to be drifting into the final five minutes, BLU scored two late goals, but Hutton held out to secure a 3-2 victory which keeps them third in the league.
McDonalds Weston player of the game was awarded to Eva Ferdinando, with supporter’s player being awarded to Hannah Worley.