Girls in dominant form
Hutton Girls Under-13s were in dominant form, registering a 7-2 victory over Backwell.
HUTTON Girls Under-13s entertained Backwell Athletic and for the second week running raced into an early lead when Silvermoor Interiors player of the game Tia Clark beat the visiting keeper.
The girls were in dominant form, pushing Backwell back into their own half as forwards Rachel Curtis and Meg Lewis caused the visitors’ defence problems with their strong runs. It wasn’t long before Hutton extended their lead when Hannah Worley’s fierce shot found the net.
Hutton’s midfield of Lauryn Nigh and Hannah Capes worked tirelessly to drive the team forward before Steph Lamont took advantage of some hesitant defending to give Hutton a 3-0 lead.
As Backwell started to find their feet, Eva Ferdinando, Danni Williams and Nicole Badman had to be alert to protect Chloe Woods in the home goal who had another solid game.
You may also want to watch:
Hutton continue to attack and Clark scored again and then Lewis rounded the keeper to make the half-time score 5-0.
Backwell come out strongly for the second half and Hutton found themselves in a battle for long periods until, against the run of play, Curtis added Hutton’s sixth.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 5 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 6 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 7 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 10 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
As Hutton’s game faded, Anya Lawrence put in some telling tackles as she tried to get the home team moving again, but Backwell continue to attack and were rewarded with a fine goal.
Hutton responded well, but the visitors pulled another goal back before Georgia Ferdinando rounded of a good run with a long-range goal to seal a 7-2 home win.
Hutton Girls are close to starting a further team at Under-11s and are looking for girls in Years 5 & 6. Please contact Jen on 0750 6664874 or Ian on 07835 243616 for further details.