Girls on top
Hutton Girls Under-13s defeated Portishead 4-2.
HUTTON Under-13 girls entertained Portishead Town on a heavy pitch and went into an immediate lead when Rachel Curtis netted.
As the girls piled on the pressure, Lauryn Nigh and Hannah Worley were first to every loose ball in the midfield. Wide players Hannah Capes and Nicole Badman worked tirelessly to feed the forwards and it wasn’t long before Megs Lewis put Hutton 2-0 up.
Portishead forced a string of corners as the match flowed from end to end, but Hutton continued to look strong as the half ended.
Portishead started the second half strongly, but came up against a Hutton defence of Danni Williams, Eva Ferdinando, Orla Crabb and Georgia Ferdinando in good form. As the visitors pressed hard, Hutton broke quickly and Badman extended the home lead.
You may also want to watch:
Chloe Woods in the Hutton goal had to be alert as her defence was broken, but soon after she could do little to prevent Portishead scoring and was injured in the process and had to be replaced.
Portishead pulled another goal back shortly afterwards to set up a tense finish. It was Hutton’s Capes who remained the calmest player on the pitch to score with the last kick of the game to make the final score 4-2 to Hutton.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 5 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 6 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 7 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Hutton’s girl of the match being given to the entire team.