Girls secure victory in the second half
- Credit: Archant
Hornettes Girls Under-15s ran in four unanswered tries in the second half to run out winners over St Mary’s Old Boys.
Hornettes Girls Under-15s entertained a touring St Mary’s Old Boys side to The Nest.
They played 12-a-side with three in a scrum on the main pitch for their last game of the season.
The hosts started well and scored their first try within a few minutes, soon followed by a well-worked second try.
The visitors hit back and scored the first of their tries. The play ebbed and flowed with great tackling from both sides. At half-time the score was 30-33 to St Mary’s.
You may also want to watch:
Hornettes were not about to be beaten on their last game at home and played the best rugby of the game with forwards and backs linking well, and scored a further four tries, one of which was converted, making it 52-33 to Hornettes.
Any girls aged 11 to 17 years interested in playing rugby, should contact Jenny Cockayne on 07717 790838 for more information.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston