Girls secure victory in the second half
- Credit: Archant
Hornettes Girls Under-15s ran in four unanswered tries in the second half to run out winners over St Mary’s Old Boys.
Hornettes Girls Under-15s entertained a touring St Mary’s Old Boys side to The Nest.
They played 12-a-side with three in a scrum on the main pitch for their last game of the season.
The hosts started well and scored their first try within a few minutes, soon followed by a well-worked second try.
The visitors hit back and scored the first of their tries. The play ebbed and flowed with great tackling from both sides. At half-time the score was 30-33 to St Mary’s.
You may also want to watch:
Hornettes were not about to be beaten on their last game at home and played the best rugby of the game with forwards and backs linking well, and scored a further four tries, one of which was converted, making it 52-33 to Hornettes.
Any girls aged 11 to 17 years interested in playing rugby, should contact Jenny Cockayne on 07717 790838 for more information.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 10 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston