Glimmer of title hope for Weston youth
- Credit: Paul Knight
Weston youth have an outside chance of lifting the Somerset Floodlight Youth League Premier Division title.
WITH five minutes left to play at Wordsworth Drive, Taunton, the Somerset Floodlight Youth League Premier Division crown looked to be heading to Chard Town.
The Robins led their hosts 2-1 and the league secretary had the trophy ready at the side of the pitch.
With four minutes remaining, a penalty gave the Peacocks a share of the spoils they deserved and gave the smallest of chances to Weston to mount a late and unlikely challenge for the title.
The Seagulls knew that they would have to win two tough fixtures on the road at Tiverton Town and Taunton Town if they were to overhaul Chard.
You may also want to watch:
Part one was achieved when a Tyler Davis double gave them a 2-0 victory at Ladysmead in Tiverton.
All will now boil down to this tonight’s game at Taunton (Thurs).
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 5 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 9 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3