Goalless for girls
Hutton girls Under-13s were held to a goalless draw by Portishead.
HUTTON girls Under-13s travelled to Portishead with only 10 players due to the effects of Mother’s Day.
It was a stuttering start for both sides, but Hutton were first to show their attacking intent as they nearly caught their hosts on the break. Hutton’s central midfield pairing of Lauryn Nigh and Hannah Worley looked most likely to provide an opening and both Tia Craig and Meg Lewis were both denied by the home keeper.
Danni Williams worked hard on the wing, while the defence of Anya Lawrence, Georgia Ferdinando, Nicole Badman and Eva Ferdinando stopped everything that the lively Portishead attack could throw at them.
As the first-half drew to an end, a momentary lapse saw Portishead threaten, but Chloe Woods in the Hutton goal was swiftly off her line to avert the danger.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw Hutton having far more of the attacking play, but Portishead defended resolutely. Worley went close and moments later Hutton were again unfortunate when the ball again rolled narrowly wide.
Portishead continued to attack and Silvermoor Interiors player of the game Badman came to Hutton’s rescue with a perfectly timed challenge. With the game coming to an end, Craig was bundled over in the Portishead box, but with nothing was given and the game ended scoreless.
- 1 WIN: Tickets to Michael Starring Ben at Weston's Playhouse Theatre
- 2 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 3 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 4 Go Again complete sponsored walk from Ashton Gate to Optima
- 5 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 6 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 7 Congresbury secure Crown Green Bowls win with Nailsea to level scores
- 8 Teenager Macy Noad wins silver medal in British Triathlon Grand Finals
- 9 Haywood Village maintain winning start to season against Worle Rangers A
- 10 Weston AFC 'want to win every game' they play in insists Laird