Golf day for Hornets
- Credit: Archant
Hornets Rugby Club’s golf society held its annual golf day at Worlebury for the Jim Toman Memorial Cup.
HORNETS Rugby Club held their annual Christmas golf day for the Jim Toman Memorial Cup.
With the weather settled, a large number of entrants met at Worlebury Golf Club for breakfast, before last year’s winner Adam Brueford was first to tee off.
Over the last few years, Hornets have prided themselves on bringing through the youth on the rugby field and this is also filtering through to the golf society as well.
It was great to see so many of today’s current young players taking part and using the opportunity to both socialise and test themselves against some of the older statesmen of the club.
You may also want to watch:
Following an excellent evening meal, prizes were given to the winner Paul Mcadams and runner-up Dexter Nettleton. The highest scoring novice was Charlie Carter.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 4 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 7 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 8 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 9 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 10 Changes to bus services in Weston