Golf day for Hornets
- Credit: Archant
Hornets Rugby Club’s golf society held its annual golf day at Worlebury for the Jim Toman Memorial Cup.
HORNETS Rugby Club held their annual Christmas golf day for the Jim Toman Memorial Cup.
With the weather settled, a large number of entrants met at Worlebury Golf Club for breakfast, before last year’s winner Adam Brueford was first to tee off.
Over the last few years, Hornets have prided themselves on bringing through the youth on the rugby field and this is also filtering through to the golf society as well.
It was great to see so many of today’s current young players taking part and using the opportunity to both socialise and test themselves against some of the older statesmen of the club.
You may also want to watch:
Following an excellent evening meal, prizes were given to the winner Paul Mcadams and runner-up Dexter Nettleton. The highest scoring novice was Charlie Carter.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 4 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 5 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 6 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 10 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match