Good form continues
Burnham carried on their pre-season form, beating Yatton 30-8 in their first league fixture.
BURNHAM continued with the run of form that saw them through all their warm-up games with this opening league victory over Yatton.
A solid all-round display proved too much for Yatton, who were relegated last season. Burnham exerted all the early pressure and were rewarded after just five minutes when Cooper’s kick set up Webb to cross the line.
Five minutes later Yatton transgressed and Piper kicked a penalty before Yatton replied with a penalty. Just before half-time, Webb crossed to make the score 13-3.
After the break, Vunipola, Streeter and McKeechan came off the bench and upped the pace. Soon after, Piper found a gap released Webb for his hat-trick. A few minutes later came the try of the match when good work saw Webb touch down for his fourth try.
You may also want to watch:
Yatton scored a try through Liam Chambers before Burnham replied with a score by Tuttiett, converted by Piper.
On Saturday, Burnham travel to Stroud.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 8 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 9 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 10 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority