Good form continues
Burnham carried on their pre-season form, beating Yatton 30-8 in their first league fixture.
BURNHAM continued with the run of form that saw them through all their warm-up games with this opening league victory over Yatton.
A solid all-round display proved too much for Yatton, who were relegated last season. Burnham exerted all the early pressure and were rewarded after just five minutes when Cooper’s kick set up Webb to cross the line.
Five minutes later Yatton transgressed and Piper kicked a penalty before Yatton replied with a penalty. Just before half-time, Webb crossed to make the score 13-3.
After the break, Vunipola, Streeter and McKeechan came off the bench and upped the pace. Soon after, Piper found a gap released Webb for his hat-trick. A few minutes later came the try of the match when good work saw Webb touch down for his fourth try.
You may also want to watch:
Yatton scored a try through Liam Chambers before Burnham replied with a score by Tuttiett, converted by Piper.
On Saturday, Burnham travel to Stroud.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 5 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival