Good scoring conditions at Burnham & Berrow
The fine weather conditions has brought good scoring conditions at Burnham & Berrow Golf Club.
Favourable weather conditions in the past weeks have made for good scoring at Burnham and Berrow Golf Club.
Bob Smith took the honours in Division 2 of the May medal with a nett 68 which also enabled him to scoop the Palmer Cup, which only the previous years’ medal winners are eligible to enter.
Andrew Grewar produced the best score of the day with a nett 66 to win Division 1, two ahead of Andy Fisher (68).
Mike Applegate hit top form to win the Monday yellow Stableford with 42 points, seven ahead of Tim Bowden and John Nuttall in second place with 35.
You may also want to watch:
The Burnham Cup was a close-run affair with 22 players finishing within four shots of the winner Tim Rees. There was a three-way tie at the top with Tim, Nick Agar and Glyn Petrie, who all shot 68s, but Tim came out on top after a countback.
Results - May medal & Palmer Cup – Division 1: A Grewar 66; A Fisher 68; R Humphries 68; T Trowbridge 69. Division 2: B Smith 68 (Palmer Cup); D Nicholls 69; S O’Connell 69; S Reading 70.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 7 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 8 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 9 Go Again complete sponsored walk from Ashton Gate to Optima
- 10 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
Yellow Stableford Cup: M Applegate 42 pts; T Bowden 35; J Nuttall 35; A Hughes 34.
Ladies RNLI Stableford: J Booth 38 pts; S Vowles 37; A Robinson 37; M Bell 35.
Burnham Cup: T Rees 68; N Agar 68; G Petrie 68; H Sampson 69.